Kru Joe Marchand-Tipping
Kru Joe is one of Canada’s most experienced fighters and coaches.. Having started Muay Thai at age 9 under Kru Chris Kew, Kru Joe has spent more than 17 years Training, Teaching and Fighting Muay Thai. During that time he has competed and coached at the highest levels of the sport.
When training with us here at Fifth Round you can guarantee that you will be receiving world class training that has been competition proven and produced 30+ Champions..
Remember you DON’T HAVE TO BE A FIGHTER TO TRAIN LIKE ONE our programs are designed to cater to recreational members, fighters and anyone who would like to get in shape..
Kru Joe’s Career Highlights:
- Active Professional fighter
- Professional Muay Thai Record 9W-5L (4KOS)
- Amatuer Muay Thai Record 87W-19L-3D
- Current 2x LBTM Professional Lightweight North American Muay Thai Champion
- Fought in Thailand’s World Famous Lumpinee Stadium -2015
- Currently a Professional Muay Thai Fighter who competes in WMC, WBC, WKA Friday Night Fights, TBA-Sanctioning and LBTM Sanctioning bodies
- Held three (3) Amateur Muay Thai Titles: CAMTAO Lightweight Provincial Champion, WMF Eastern Canadian Welterweight Champion and WMF Throw Down in O’Town Superfight Champion
- 6x Team Canada Member for Muay Thai
- Silver Medalist at the 2007 WMF Muay Thai World Championship in Bangkok Thailand.
- Fought all over the world (Thailand, USA, Bermuda, Mexico, Canada)
- Licensed professional boxer
- competed under the prestigious (I.B.A) International Boxing Association in professional boxing
- Lived and Fought in Thailand 2015 Kaewsamrit Gym
- Lived and Fought in Thailand 2006-2007 under Ajarn Berklerg Pinisichai.
- Muay Thai Student under Kru Chris Kew and MAS Academy 1999-Present
- Muay Thai Student of Arjarn Berklerg Pinisichai 2005-present
- Trained with Muay Thai legends Kaewkla Kaewsamrit, Rit Kaewsamrit, Juan Mario Kaewsamrit , Coban Lookchaomaesaithong, Jongsanan Fairtex, John Wayne Parr, Michael McDonald, John Charles Skarbowsky, Josh Palmer, Robert Thomas, Andy Thompson Lanna Muay Thai.
- Assistant Instructor MAS Academy of Martial Arts 1999-2006
- Helped produce 60+ Muay Thai Champions with MAS.
- 6 time Team Canada National Coach 2007-2013
- Level 4 Kru (instructor) Muay Thai
- Head Muay Thai Instructor, Assistant Strength coach, Assistant BJJ Instructor Renzo Gracie Peterborough (WCMA) 2009-2011
- Produced 7 Muay Thai Champions as Head Coach of WCMA 2009-2011
- Produced 34 Muay Thai and Kickboxing Champions at FIFTH ROUND 2013-Present
- Helped with pro MMA Fighters training camps for Darryl Marin Syd Barnier, Jordan Preston, Brandon Hachey, Joel Paquette.
- Cornered over 2000 fights (MMA, BJJ, MUAY THAI, BOXING KICKBOXING) at Amateur and professional levels. 2001-present
- Produced 20 Team Canada Athletes from Fifth Round 2013-Present
- Founder of SMART Defensive Tactics Training System
- Cornerman for Glory fighter Robert Thomas
- Cornerman for Lion Fight Fighter Ashley Nichols
KRU JOE IS AVAILABLE FOR SEMINARS, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK A SEMINAR PLEASE CONTACT US: INFO@FIFTHROUND.CA