Kru Joe Marchand-Tipping
Owner and Head Instructor at Fifth Round, Kru Joe has spent more than half his life in the gym. With over 18 years of training and teaching experience, Kru Joe has a wealth of knowledge to share. With experience in training and teaching in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing, Weapons training, defensive tactics, Strength and Conditioning he is well versed as a competitor and instructor.
- Fought in the world renowned Lumpinee Stadium in Bangkok Thailand
· Over 100 Muay Thai Fights at Amateur Level
- 10-5 in Professional Muay Thai
- Fought in IBA Professional Boxing Match in Bermuda
· Held three (3) Amateur Muay Thai Titles: CAMTAO Lightweight Provincial Champion, WMF Eastern Canadian Welterweight Champion and WMF Throw Down in O’Town Superfight Champion
· 6x Team Canada Member for Muay Thai
· Silver Medalist at the 2007 WMF World Championship in Bangkok Thailand.
· Currently a Professional Muay Thai Fighter who competes in WMC, WBC, WKA Friday Night Fights, TBA-Sanctioning and LBTM Sanctioning bodies.
· Current 2x LBTM Professional Lightweight North American Muay Thai Champion
· Fought Professionally in Mexico, Thailand, USA, across Canada.
· Lived and Fought in Thailand 2006-2007 under Ajarn Burklerk Pinisichai.
· Student of Kru Chris Kew 1999-Present
- Lived and Fought under the World Famous Kaewsamrit Muay Thai gym in Bangkok Thailand 2015
· Assistant Instructor MAS Academy of Martial Arts 1999-2006
· Helped produce 60+ Muay Thai Champions with MAS.
· 6 time Team Canada National Coach
· Level 4 Kru (instructor) Muay Thai
· Head Muay Thai Instructor, Assistant Strength coach, Assistant BJJ Instructor Renzo Gracie Peterborough (WCMA) 2009-2011
· Produced 7 Muay Thai Champions as Head Coach of WCMA
- Produced 27 Muay Thai and Kickboxing Champions from FIFTH ROUND (Provincial, National, international and World)
· Produced 5 BJJ Champions OGA 2013
· Helped with pro MMA Fighters training camps for Syd Barnier, Jordan Preston, Brandon Hachey, Joel Paquette.
· Cornered over 2000 fights (MMA, BJJ, MUAY THAI, BOXING KICKBOXING) at Amateur and professional levels.
· Produced 5 Team Canada Athletes from Fifth Round
· Cornered fighters professionally in Thailand, at Glory, Lion Fight, Friday Night Fights and more
CAMTAO Cornerman-2006 Black Pra Jiad 2007 Level 4 Muay Thai instructor (Kru) 2007 WKA Cornerman and Coach-2010 CASK Level one Coach-2010 Level 1 Edged Weapon Instructor-Violence Prevention Canada-2011 Heartsafe CPR and First aid-2011
CAMTAO Lightweight Ontario Amateur Muay Thai Champion W.M.F. Eastern Canadian Welterweight Amateur Muay Thai Champion W.M.F. Superfight Welterweight Amateur Muay Thai Champion W.M.F. Silver Medal at World Championship in Bangkok Thailand LBTM North American Professional Lightweight Muay Thai Champion.